Following are some helpful tips to consider before you start looking for your new home, so you are ready to make the move when you find the right property:
1. Speak with your bank or a finance broker so you know what your budget is and to identify the best type of loan to suit your needs.
2. Prepare a short-list of preferred suburbs that suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and your other requirements.
3. Research sales in those preferred suburbs. Inspect every property in your preferred suburb so you have a feel for the prices. Attend all open homes in the area.
4. Develop a relationship with one of our professional sales team. Your Maison Real Estate Sales Consultant will be able to advise you of any additional information you may need.
5. Register on our website to automatically receive notification of any new listings that hit the market.
6. When you find the right property for you, make an offer. Contact your Maison Real Estate Sales Consultant, who will guide you if you are in any way unsure of the buying process.
7. Once negotiations are finalised and an agreement reached, you will be required to sign the contract and pay a deposit (as per the contract conditions). Your deposit will be held in a trust account until settlement.
8. You will need to appoint a solicitor (unless you are self-acting) at this stage, if you have not already done so.
9. You will need to arrange any inspections, such as building, pest, pool, etc as per the contact conditions. You will also need to contact your bank to formally apply for a loan (if needed).
10. Following your solicitors or conveyancer's advice, and taking into consideration the building reports, you are now able to make an informed decision on whether to proceed with the purchase of the property or not.
11. On settlement day it is advisable that you do a final inspection before settlement takes place to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it and that all inclusions are as per the contract you signed.